Climate Action Farm in a Box - Arriving this November!
Climate Action Farm in a Box is a free, hands-on learning programme that builds connections between farming, the food we eat and climate change.
Our Farm in a Box principles:
Learn - Strong curriculum links and irresistible learning.
Grow - Hands on, collaborative and sensory education.
Thrive - Opportunities for every child to succeed.
Climate Action Farm in a Box is designed for KS2 children. All activities are supported with supplementary guidance and learning objectives for subjects; PSHE, maths, science, English, and topics related to farming, the environment, climate, geography and food. Activities can be delivered outdoors and have been designed to support wellbeing.
Farms produce quite a lot of greenhouse gases as they grow the food we eat. However, they can also do things to help, for example removing these greenhouse gases from the air and locking them up in the soil. But, in what other ways are farms responding to climate change and what part can we play?
Climate Action Farm in a Box explores:
• Weather and climate
• Plant growth and CO2
• Soil and biodiversity
• How farms are responding to climate change
• How producing the food we eat contributes to greenhouse gases
Climate Action Farm in a Box is in partnership with The Hiscox Foundation. Thanks to their support, Climate Action Farm in a Box is FREE for eligible schools.
This Box is recommended for KS2 children and is only available to eligible schools or groups that meet one or more of the following criteria:
• Above 23% Free School Meals eligibility.
• A Nurture or Thrive group for Pupil Premium Children.
• A school or group with children with SEN/D (NB: please note we recommend children are working at Level 2 and above).
• A Pupil Referral Unit for primary age children.
• A group or organisation supporting disadvantaged primary children outside of formal education.
• A group supporting refugee / asylum seeker children / families.
• A group supporting vulnerable families.
• A group supporting Young Carers.
• Subscribe to our dedicated mailing list. Subscribers to this list will hear first when our booking system goes live.
• In September you'll be contacted via email when our booking system opens.
• When the booking system opens, you'll be able to order your free Box or Boxes. Please note: you will be ordering a single box per class (up to 30 children).
• We do the rest! The Box is packed and delivered to your school!
• Send us your feedback to help us improve Farm in a Box.
Climate Action Farm in a Box is in partnership with: