Climate Action Farm in a Box
Climate Action Farm in a Box is a free, hands-on learning programme that builds connections between farming, the food we eat and climate change.
**NOW FULLY BOOKED**
Our Farm in a Box principles:
- Learn - Strong curriculum links and irresistible learning
- Grow - Hands on, collaborative and sensory education
- Thrive - Opportunities for every child to succeed
Climate Action Farm in a Box supports teachers and KS2 children to find out about climate change; what is it, why is it a problem and how we can make a difference.
The Box explores the relationship between the food we eat and greenhouse gases, and how farms have an important part to play in tackling climate change.
Climate Action Farm in a Box is in partnership with The Hiscox Foundation. Thanks to their support, Climate Action Farm in a Box is FREE for eligible schools. See below for more information about eligibility.
"Farm in a Box provides an excellent learning opportunity for my children, they really enjoyed it and I will be repeating this day again next year. The activities were just right for the children and the resources we received were fantastic and better than we were expecting. Thank you from all my children."
North Denes Primary
Farms produce quite a lot of greenhouse gases as they grow the food we eat. However, they can also do things to help, for example removing these greenhouse gases from the air and locking them up in the soil. But, in what other ways are farms responding to climate change and what part can we play?
Climate Action Farm in a Box explores:
- Weather and climate
- Plant growth and CO2
- Soil and biodiversity
- How farms are responding to climate change
- How producing the food we eat contributes to greenhouse gases
- Feelings and emotions, and how to take action
This Box is recommended for KS2 children and is only available to eligible schools or groups that meet one or more of the following criteria:
• Above 23% Free School Meals eligibility.
• A Nurture or Thrive group for Pupil Premium Children.
• A school or group with children with SEN/D (NB: please note we recommend children are working at Level 2 and above).
• A Pupil Referral Unit for primary age children.
• A group or organisation supporting disadvantaged primary children outside of formal education.
• A group supporting refugee / asylum seeker children / families.
• A group supporting vulnerable families.
• A group supporting Young Carers.
1) Register to use our online booking system (if you're not already registered).
2) Complete the booking form. Please note: you will be ordering a single box per class (up to 30 children). If you'd like to order for multiple KS2 classes, please order each box separately.
3) You will receive a confirmation email for each order. Your Box/es will arrive at the beginning of November to coincide with COP26.
What happens between booking and delivery?
A few weeks after placing your order/s we will contact teachers directly by email with a link to a Teacher's Handbook. This contains digital resources, video links and guidance on how to prepare and use your Climate Action Farm in a Box.
"You have done an amazing job. Your boxes are exceptionally thoughtfully equipped with clear instructions, making them a joy for teachers to unpack as well as exciting for the children."
Isaac Newton Academy
"Excellent resources. The Box was full of everything you needed to complete activities. The activity cards are easy to follow and are great as they show how it links to the curriculum. I would definitely recommend this Box and I will use the activity cards again in the future."
Peases West Primary School
Climate Action Farm in a Box is in partnership with: